TFT was established in 1996 by Dr Bob Aron who has extensive experience including 20 years with the international wool secretariat, the British Textile Technology Group (WIRA) and other textile laboratories.
As the laboratory has developed we have expanded into 2 sites and are proud of our customer relationships and passionate about our business.
Providing Textile Testing Since 1996
- We are a fully independent, long-established UKAS accredited laboratory, testing textiles for physical and flammability. UKAS The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is the national accreditation body for the United Kingdom. UKAS is recognised by the government, to assess against internationally agreed standards, organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services.
- We are a microscopy laboratory for the analysis of speciality animal fibres.
- We manufacture and calibrate Reflectometers for the laundry industry
We pride ourselves in reliability, service, competence, impartiality and our long-standing experience.
We have an extensive international customer base and advise and supply services to our international customer base which includes a wide variety of experts;
* Project managers
* Textile manufacturers
* Aviation specialists
* Treatment facilities
* Fire brigade
* Bedding and Mattresses ……to name but a few.
We understand that the industry is complicated and always progressing and we pride ourselves in our customer relationships and service.
- UKAS accredited laboratory No 1801. Link to our schedule of accreditation: https://www.ukas.com/wp-content/uploads/schedule_uploads/00002/1801Testing%20Single.pdf
What Our Customers Say
We always use TFT as their service is second to none, especially value the human touch, which is more and more difficult to come across nowadays.
We have worked with Jamey and the team at TFT since 2009 and the help they have provided our company in the has been invaluable. They have guided us through the whole process of textile testing and all requests are dealt with in an efficient and friendly manner.
We developed a great working relationship and TFT’s dedication to ensuring you receive a great service is evident, Jamey is very helpful and always happy to assist, would highly recommend.
Outstanding technical and industry knowledge, helping us ensure we are providing the correct products for our customers.
The Sidings Bus Park
Engine Shed Lane
01756 792 525